Blog Archive

Monday, September 26, 2011

Liquor and Tobacco

What I have been up to during the nights the 23rd and 24th of September.



Working over here! As a waitress in stupid heels 10 hours each day.

Even though we clocked in at 6pm. The event starts at 10pm which means we get paid 4 hours for doing nothing. However we were required to be standing at the poolside at 7 plus. We have to stand for 2 hours plus and hear the F1 cars. Pardon me but they are fucking loud seriously. The poolside is just like beside the race track with a taxi stand in between I think. We don't even get ear plugs :(



The uniform!

So on the midnight of both days there was a swim wear fashion show by some brand in MBS. The models were WOAH. SO SKINNY.



In the left hand corner there, you can see there's a group of people. Those are the models! Freaking long legs still wear heels.

So for the first night, I was serving these 2 ladies for a couple of times. When they wanted something they would call for me. After their third cup of gin tonic and vodka soda (both extra strong) I guess they were kind of tipsy. They were dancing with the (also drunk) ang moh from the table beside. They asked me and Emalia to join them and dance so I pushed Emalia in. But in the end the lady came and pulled me in too and started waving my hands around. That's karma for me. Ok then something happened which freaked me out until Emalia pulled me out. Then we had to take a picture with the ladies and the drunk ang moh who kept kissing our heads. Stupid colleague of ours go and offer to take picture!!!

Then quite some time later the ang mohs jumped into the pool (which was prohibited cause of the presence of alcohol) and the whole table was kicked out by the bouncers. Damn funny there was this black guy wearing a yellow shirt with black spots. Aaron and I labelled him as the bumble bee.

As for the second night, there was more people than the night before. I couldn't even squeeze through to walk cause they can't see me -.- And the music was so loud, when I yelled excuse me they still couldn't hear me. I was standing in my usual spot and out of no where this 2 ang mohs stood on both sides of me and started to talk to each other above my head. Feeling awkward I slowly took a few steps forward... On another occasion this ang moh was yelling his order to me over the music and his hand kept going around my lower back. DAMN TICKLISH. I had to refrain from squirming.

Last freaky moment was this freaking huge (also) ang moh came to Crystal and I and started smiling at us. So naturally we smiled back and his friend took a picture of us.. Then he yelled "GROUP HUG!" what the hell scared me to death. This quite hot guy (also ang moh) took my lighter but never gave it back :( *Note: People there were 80% ang moh. For the second night, Alonso was having a drink at the table behind me!

Yeah that's about it. For my traumatizing/epic moments. Both nights (or mornings) ended at 4am. When we applied for this job, THEY NEVER MENTIONED IT WAS NIGHT SHIFT!! :( So we took the company bus home. Couldn't take the cabs home because the road was blocked damn it. Reached home at 5 on both night!

Didn't go for work today with my classmates who were in banquet as well. Heel swollen from standing in heels for 10 hours on each day. Instead, I slept from 7am to 7pm! With a 2 hours break in between when I woke up to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment