Blog Archive

Friday, September 09, 2011

The DTRM Cruise Trip

4th September Day 1 of Cruise Trip


I remember sleeping at like 4.30am the night before and I woke up at 7am. Last minute check of luggage and I went out at 8am. My dad and I went to pick Jolyn up and we drove to school. So funny to see my course mates dragging the luggages up the hill. Met up with the rest of 06. Had a pre-departure briefing at MLT 12.





Then we took the coaches arranged by school to Harbourfront centre. Had lunch and we finally boarded the ship! We skipped checking in because the teachers checked in for us a few days before.

Here's pictures of our (Jolyn, Joey, Ying Ying and I) room!















About 1 plus, we were supposed to head for tea at the Meditterranean Buffet but Melissa and I kind of roamed away from the others and went to explore Deck 12 & 13.















Here's our artistic-self-timer-shot.

















This part of the slide extends on the outside of the ship!







After that, Melissa and I rushed to the Mediterranean place to drink some water and take some desserts before going to Galaxy Of The Stars.

Over there, had some briefing again. It ended early and we had some time left to eat. Melissa and I were starving! So we went to have some buffet lunch before going to the safety drill. We reached the safety drill place and 5 seconds later the drill was over. -.- After the tour, we went to Deck 7 for some group games organized by the Super Star Virgo crew. The crew were from Philippines and their accents were damn cute! "Group 6, you guys get pipteen (fifteen) points!", "Pive (five) points!"

Then the whole of DTRM went to the Grand Piazza to take a group photo.



After that, Melissa and I decided to go swimming while the rest of them stayed in their rooms. We sat in the jacuzzi and swam around the big pool for a while and went to sit the slide. Not as fun as we expected cause it was really slow! For the 2nd try, I went down superman style and when the water impact on my face at the end of the slide was damn painful. :( Then we decided to go over to the Kiddy Pool. We both agreed that the slides there were more thrilling; more speed!

Back to the cabin to bathe and the 2 of us went for dinner at the Mediterranean Buffet.







My meal! Martin joined us for a while because the rest of the guys went to the gym. After dinner, we went to get Swensens ice cream!

We went to sat at the front of the ship at Deck 13 while enjoying the ice cream. It was damn good! 9.30pm, we went to the Lido to watch a magic show. The girls, Audric and I went to Deck 13 to enjoy the wind. After a while, Audric and I went to look for Melissa because she was missing! Scared me to death because after searching every possible place we still couldn't locate her. In the end we gave up finding and sat at the deck chairs. A while later, we saw Melissa and Joshua. Then the 4 of us just sat at the deck chairs till it was supper time.

After supper, we went back to the cabin to sleep!

5th September Day 2 of Cruise Trip


Skipped breakfast and I woke up at 8.30am!

Went to the Lido and had some briefing from the Hotel and F&B managers. I kinda fell asleep. Went on some kitchen tour and went back to the Lido for another briefing. We even went for a tour in the casino!

About 1 plus, we left for Penang!!!



We went to Eastern & Oriental Hotel! It is under the same group as Raffles Hotel and it is an all suite hotel! The rooms are freaking nice.









We went to the ballroom for a short briefing by the manager there.





Had some light refreshments and we went to tour around some restaurants.

While waiting for the coach,





After that we took the coach to Plaza Gurney!









Melissa, Audric, Joey and I sped through the whole mall cause we had so little time! In the end, went to Top Shop and I bought 2 tops. SO DAMN CHEAP. Bought Auntie Anne's and met up with the rest of the DTRM again and took the bus to a local product store.

Over there, we bought some nutmeg balm for Ying Ying cause her nose is damn noisy every night.

Back to the ship. Almost all of us went for a swim!



We had BBQ buffet at the top deck! Again... My plate was damn full.

Back to the cabin. Took turns to bathe before Joey, Jolyn, Ying Ying and I went for ice cream! Sent Joey back to the cabin cause it was her bed time already... After that went to Deck 13 with my class and chilled there.

My supper (plus Aaron's)!


6th September Day 3 of Cruise Trip


Got up at 7.15am! Assembled at Lido and we left the ship. PHUKET!!!



At the pier!

We took the chartered bus to Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket. The place is freaking paradise. The ride there was quite long. Everyone fell asleep!











We were given a garland and a map each! Then we took a group picture and were separated into groups according to the coloured paper attached to the map! So I was in the same group as Aaron, Lester, Emalia and Audric!



Then we proceeded to tour the resort.
























Very cute elephant!!



After the resort, we drove to Royal Paradise Hotel for lunch! Along the way we passed by Patong Beach. IT IS DAMN PRETTY.

The trip was rather long so we slept again. After lunch, we went to the shopping malls!!!







Look what I saw in the toilet!

In the end, Joey and I had nothing to buy!!! :( So disappointed. We ate ice cream from Dairy Queen instead. It was like 40 baht?! $1.60 in Singapore dollars!

Took the coach back to the pier. 1 hour long ride! Everyone slept except 2 idiots in my class who went around taking pictures of everyone...

Went to shop at the pier! Joey and I were so desperate to get something cause we didn't want to go home empty handed. Bought a top and a dress in the end. Cheap!

Back to the cruise. Took turns to bathe and prepare for the Gala Night!





The food was gooooood!







Appetizers!





Soups!





Main courses!

When Joey was having the chicken, she tried to cut away the bone but it ended up flying onto the floor. Hilarious.



Dessert!

After dinner, we went over to Lido to catch the Reflections of Russia.



I tied this for Joey! *proud girl*

After the show,







Chilled at Deck 7 for awhile before Melissa, Audric and I went back to the cabins to change. Went up to Deck 13 to meet with the rest of the class. Had supper!

After a while, Ying Ying, Jolyn and I went to Mei Wen's cabin while waiting for the rest of the guys to come over. I hogged the TV and watched Disney Channel all the way! After a while the guys came over and we all played and stuffs. In the end, most of them left leaving a few of us. About 6am plus, I think I fell asleep while watching TV cause when I woke up, only Aaron was left and he was asleep too. A few minutes later, 5 of my classmates came back. We went to my cabin next because Joey was awake. We fell asleep in the cabin again for half an hour.

7th September Day 4 of Cruise Trip


At 8am, Joey, Aaron, Ying Ying, Lester and I went for breakfast at Bella Vista. The 4 of us fell asleep while waiting for the food. Stupid Joey still take picture of us -.- The cheese omelette was damn nice. Went back to the cabins to wake everyone up. Judith and Emalia were very difficult to wake!!!

Went to Lido for some shit 15 briefing which not even half of DTRM attended -.- Went back to the cabins to pack up and settled our bills. I paid for my $7 bill in Thai baht :P





Had lunch at Bella Vista. I love the food there.





We sat back the same table we had for breakfast!







After lunch, and some stuffs, Jolyn and I ended up falling asleep in our cabins. Joey came back and slept too. Halfway through, I didn't know Ying Ying was already back and in the toilet. Some idiot started banging on the door and I screamed at it cause I didn't want to get up and open it. In the end I got up and opened the door but there was no one there. I cussed and slammed the door and went back to sleep. When I woke up, Ying Ying told me the door slammed scared the hell out of her because she was in the toilet.

Woke up at about 4.30pm. Final check of cabin and went to have Mediterranean buffet for dinner with my 06. Food not as good this time. Went to collect our passports and to Lido to wait for disembarkation. Martin only went to the toilet but ended up being dragged into the game show by the host. Damn funny.



Last picture with my class and teacher-in-charge! Forget to mention, we all have the same watch in different colours!

We left the ship at about 7.30pm. The immigration took quite some time. Ended up reaching Harbourfront Centre at 8.30pm. I went over to Vivo City's Thai Express to find Hui Min and Khai Ting! Went to Candy Empire and took the train and bus home! Wanted to take cab because of the luggage but the queue was damn long.

Reached home and crashed at 12.30am.

Today!

My body clock made me wake up at 9am but I went back to sleep and got up at 12.30 instead! Went downstairs to buy McDonalds for lunch. Went back home and watched High School Musical 2 with my brother. About 3.30, I went downstairs to help the idiot buy lunch. Went back home to pee and I went to Nex.

Met Melissa at Nex :) We bought Gong Cha and sat at Food Junction to chat. Then changed places to McDonalds! Had a great time chatting! After walking her to the bus stop, I went to the pasar malam to buy honey chicken! I think I cut myself on the arm when I was washing my clothes. SO MUCH FOR BEING HARDWORKING...

Okay this is a bloody long post. Almost 100 pictures and it took me like 5 hours to finish this whole chunk. Yay I'm finally done!!!!

Congrats ah Leroy buddy! You are one very happy boy now hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment